Last updated: October 15, 2018
Daylight Interactive operates http://www.daylightinteractive.com. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name (“Personal Information”).
Personally Identifiable Information. Certain information that we collect can be used to specifically identify you as an individual. We only collect personally identifiable information when you provide it to us. For example, when you register to use the Daylight Interactive Services, you give us your full name and email address. To enable your use of certain features of the Daylight Interactive Services, we may also collect your birth date, gender, and other information.
Account Data Received from Third-Party Services. When you register on the Daylight Interactive Site or otherwise connect to the Daylight Interactive Services through a third-party service (e.g. Facebook), we may collect your user ID and user name associated with that service, your email address, as well as any information you make public using that service. We may also collect information you have authorized the service to share with us.
Device, Usage and Log Data. When you use the Daylight Interactive Services or view Daylight Interactive advertising outside of the Daylight Interactive Services, we may also collect certain data that does not tell us specifically who you are. It includes things like your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device, browser and software characteristics (such as type and operating system), location, activity on the Daylight Interactive Services including title selections and watch history, page views, ad data, referral URLs, network state, device identifiers or other unique identifiers such as advertising identifiers (e.g., “ad-ID” or “IDFA”), and carrier information.
Data Collected Through Cookies, Beacons and Other Similar Technologies
We also collect non-personal information using various technologies, including the following:
- Web Beacons or Pixels. In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies such as web beacons or pixel tags. These are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Daylight Interactive Site or in emails relating to the Daylight Interactive Services to collect certain information and monitor user activity.
Mobile Device Identifiers and Software Development Kits (“SDKs”). We may use or work with third parties who use mobile SDKs to collect information, such as mobile identifiers (e.g., “ad-ID” or “IDFA”) and information related to how mobile devices interact with the Daylight Interactive Services. An SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected and related services and functionality to be implemented. A mobile SDK is in effect the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how you interact with the Content and advertisements and to enable analytics or other features through mobile devices.
OUR USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We or our service providers may use the information collected from or about you for the purposes of providing and improving the Daylight Interactive Services. Our use of this information may include the following:
- administering the Daylight Interactive Services and your account with us;
- enabling users to use the Daylight Interactive Services and their features;
- responding to your requests, questions, and concerns;
- contacting you, including for promotional purposes;
- customizing the Daylight Interactive Services and advertising you view and evaluating how well the Content and advertising perform;
- tailoring ads displayed to you in the Daylight Interactive Services and elsewhere to your interests and history with us;
- identifying Content you view and share;
- conducting research;
- compiling aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- preventing potentially illegal or harmful activities;
- protecting your and our rights;
- any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or related to a request made by you.
To perform the above functions, we may combine the information we collect from or about you and use it in the manner described in this Policy or as otherwise permitted by law. We may also aggregate information about you and other individuals together so that such information does not identify you personally. We may use such non-personally identifiable or aggregate information for any legitimate business purpose, including for research and analysis, administration of the Daylight Interactive Site, advertising, and promotional purposes.
SHARING OF INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share information collected from or about you with third parties as follows:
- Service Providers. We may share information with third parties who need your information in order to provide services to us (or on our behalf). This might include companies that provide Daylight Interactive with payment processing, analytics, data processing and management, account management, hosting, customer and technical support, marketing and other services.
- Legal Requirements. We may also share information with third parties if we believe it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law or regulation or legal process, or to respond to a government, law enforcement, judicial or other legal request. If we’re going to release your information, we will provide you reasonable advance notice under the circumstances unless we are prohibited from doing so by law or court order. We may disclose your information without giving you prior notice if we believe it’s necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person. We may also share information with third parties when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, or to protect your safety or the safety of others.
- Corporate Change. We may also share information with third parties in connection with a corporate change or dissolution, such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind down of business.
- Our Partners. We may also share information with our business partners who help us offer the Daylight Interactive Services, including, for example, our content licensors, distributors, and corporate owners.
- Advertisers. We may share the information collected from or about you in encrypted, aggregated, or de-identified forms with advertisers and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners in order to tailor advertisements, measure, and improve advertising effectiveness.
- Audience Measurement Providers. Daylight Interactive may permit the use of third-party measurement software that enables third parties (such as Nielsen or comScore) to include your viewing on the Daylight Interactive Services in calculating measurement statistics.
- Social Networks. When you choose to share information with social networking services about your activities on the Daylight Interactive Services, including films you watch or like on Daylight Interactive, information about you and your activities will be shared with that social network. In addition, if you visit Daylight Interactive while logged into Facebook, then Facebook may be able to identify your browser and associate the technical information provided by your web browser with other information that Facebook already has about you.
- When You Consent. We may also share any information from or about you with any party when we have your consent or when you otherwise choose to share such information.
Aggregate Information. We may disclose to any third party aggregate information about how our users use the Daylight Interactive Services in a manner that does not identify you individually.
We and our partners display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms. Interest-based advertising or “online behavioral advertising” includes ads served to you after you leave a website, encouraging you to return. They also include ads we and our partners think are relevant based on your browsing habits or online activities.
You can opt out of some of our uses and disclosures of your information as follows:
- Opt-Out from Promotional Emails.You may opt out of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the “unsubscribe”; instructions in those emails. You may also opt out of such marketing emails by accessing your account and clicking on “Edit Email Preferences.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account, service announcement, or messages about the terms and conditions of your account.
- Opt-Out from Online Behavioral Advertising. Most of the advertisers and service providers that perform advertising-related services are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). If you would like to learn more about the NAI and make choices about their members’ use of information from or about you on websites, please click here. For more information on the DAA Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising and the options to opt out, please click here.
Some browsers have “do not track” features that make it possible for you to signal that you don not want your Internet browsing activity to be tracked. The Internet community has not reached a consensus on how to best honor these signals, so we do not currently respond to do-not-track requests at this time. Instead, to opt out of the online behavioral advertising, please exercise the opt-out options described above.
We use a variety of technical and physical measures to protect the security and integrity of sensitive personal Information that we might collect from or about you, However, we can make no guarantees or promises in this regard, and you provide information to us at your own risk.
We may store the information we hold about you indefinitely. We may store this information in the United States or we may transfer it to any other country. The data protection laws of the countries where we store your personal data may or may not provide a level of protection equivalent to the laws in your home country. Wherever we hold the data, we will apply the terms of this Policy.
If we believe that the security of your personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
The Daylight Interactive Services are not directed at children under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from or about children under 13 years of age.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.